Sunday, January 25, 2015

Nimbus Nails

Tonight I finally ticked "Nimbus Nails" off my to-do list! I followed this tutorial from The Nailasaurus and I can't stop staring! I don't know I took so long to try this one, it really is pretty easy. I decided to go for a colour palette that reminded me of a galaxy manicure, so I chose purples and blues. (I actually tried using a silver as well, but it turns out that cremes work best).


Products Used
Barry M Coconut (base)
China Glaze Up All Night
NYC Cosmetics Nolita's Lavender
Sally Hansen Pacific Blue
(Sally Hansen Hi-Ho Silver)
(China Glaze Re-fresh Mint)
(the colours in brackets didn't really show up much)


The effect is so pretty! It does take a handful of cotton swabs but it definitely looks like a water-colour painting. I will do this again for sure, and maybe stamp or do other art on top- but for my first time, I am enjoying it all on it's own! 


Have you tried this technique? 

xo Shawna

1 comment :

 
Images by Freepik