Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentines Collaborations

*disclaimer: the first mani was done a month in advance!
A few groups of us on Instagram collaborated for Valentine's Day (collab pics below!). One was typical v-day lovey dove hearts etc, and the other was the opposite - Anti-Valentine's Day! 

For the first collaboration, organized by @nebularnailz, we didn't have any specific theme. I didn't want to do your typical in-your-face pink and red palette -  so after I painted on a coat of the gorgeous chrome Push and Shove by OPI, I decided dry brushing would provide just the hint of colours I was after. 


Products Used
OPI Push and Shove
OPI Mod About You
Deborah Lippmann Jessa
China Glaze Fast Forward
Dotting Tools from Amazon


I actually tested out painting little hearts and it was a very pathetic attempt.  (This was before I discovered how to use a dotting tool to make the entire heart). So, instead I went for a more abstract look by dotting an outline of a heart on a few accent fingers. I actually liked the way it turned out, and it was pretty simple and very quick to do!


And here's the final product of the first collaboration.


Next up, we have the Anti-V-day Collab! This was put on by @vampireprincessheart. I was thinking along the line of a "blackened heart" so I used saran wrap to create the effect on the two middle fingers. I was hoping the hearts would be more distinct so I don't completely love the way they turned out, but the amazing girls I collaborated with assure me it's great! Thanks ladies you are such sweethearts! 


Products Used
Deborah Lippmann Jessa
Wet n' Wild Black Creme
Finger Paints Striper Ch-Art-Coal Black
Cuter Cuticles Cutie Guard
China Glaze Fast Forward

And this is the result :)


Did you do anything to celebrate (or protest) Valentine's this year?

xo Shawna

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik