Saturday, January 10, 2015

zig zag stripes

I was on the fence about even sharing this manicure, as I really wasn't too fond of it. I started with a gorgeous base of Butter London that was in my stocking (thanks mom!) although the brush had a chunk out of it so it was a bit finicky to apply. (I emailed them and they're going to send me a new bottle!) I thought I would try this hand painted design, but my brush was just too thick to get the delicate variations I had seen and was attempting to emulate. 


Products Used
Butter London Stag Do
Finger Paints Striper Hip Hip Hue-Ray
OPI Sheer Tints I Can Teal You Like Me
China Glaze Fast Forward


The white stripes seemed too stark, so I slicked on a coat of OPI's sheer tint. Unfortunately the top coat caused a few smears of the white paint - I had to get to bed! It definitely reduced my dislike of the mani, but not enough to keep it on more than 24 hours! Also - this bottle is really awkward to pose with, haha!


So- yay or nay?

xo Shawna

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik