Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Maze Runner Nail Art

Another month is wrapping up over in our book club group, The Polished Bookworms. February was "Young Adult", and The Maze Runner is the book that was voted on by the group.

My manicure is inspired by the beetleblades (on the middle finger), the ivy and leaves growing all over the maze walls, and the plaques hidden amongst the ivy. Bare with the awkward hand poses for today! 


Products Used
OPI Push and Shove (middle finger)
Deborah Lippmann Jessa (writing)
Wet n' Wild Black Creme (script)
Nicole by OPI Always a Silver Lining (index base)
China Glaze Be More Pacific
China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard
Deborah Lippmann Hannah
China Glaze Fast Forward
MoYou London Pro 04
Dotting Tool amazon
Brushes eBay (trimmed)


This was my first time painting words, I trimmed the brush right down and it was better than I thought. Still not amazing, but it's a start! Push and Shove was perfect to symbolize the beetle blades in the Glade. I dry marbled together the green shades to create the overgrown ivy effect and also frame the "plaque" on the index finger. I used a ton of products, and a ton of techniques in this manicure, but it turned out pretty much exactly as I envisioned, and I'm happy with it! 


Do you enjoy reading young adult books?

xo Shawna





No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik