Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Thermal Explorer Stamped MoYou Mani

I haven't posted a stamped manicure lately, since I've been branching out and trying different hand-painted nail art lately. Tonight I swatched another shade from MTL, a green thermal polish. When deciding which plate to stamp with, I was drawn to the explorer collection again - I seem to connect these images to a green background!

My Nails Did: Thermal Polish + MoYou Stamping Mani

Green usually isn't a popular polish shade in my repertoire, but I loved the thermal combo, which turns a darker green shade when cold. At first I thought I was broken- it was taking a while to achieve the colour change and my other thermal polish is so subtle, I thought maybe my body chemistry just wasn't working for them. But lo and behold, after soaking my nails in a mini ice bath for 30 seconds, I saw it! Watch for these swatches in that upcoming post I promised. (Soon!) My fiancĂ© is on night shifts which means I can stink up the condo to my hearts content :) 

My Nails Did: Thermal Polish + MoYou Stamping Mani

Polishes Used:
MTL Creations Sam the Shifter
Wet n Wild Black Creme
HK Girl Top Coat (not applied until after photos)
MoYou London Explorer 21

My Nails Did: Thermal Polish + MoYou Stamping Mani

I actually like my "Cinderella" hand more for this mani! I experimented with more variety in the pattern placement and really like how it turned out. I think the green & black make it a great Halloween colour combination!

My Nails Did: Thermal Polish + MoYou Stamping Mani

Do you have a colour family you generally just don't like in nail polish?

xo Shawna

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik